Plans for 2018 / 2019
So the next generation would know, and all the generations to come— Know the truth and tell the stories so their children can trust in God. Psalm 78:6-7 (The Message)
At Cooper City Church of God, we celebrate our rich history. For more than 60 years, God has provided for our congregation and has led us to today where we are reaching thousands of people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. While our history is rich, our future is even brighter. We remember the past only as a way to inspire us in the present. We are “striving for what lies ahead” as a people of vision (Phil 3:13)
What is the Better Together Campaign? Cooper City Church of God had been built by following the Great Commission to “go and make disciples of all nations” (Matthew 28:19). In the life of our church, we have seen thousands of people find new life in Christ. But we believe the journey is just beginning. The Better Together Campaign is a 16-month initiative to celebrate what God is doing and to prepare for even greater things in the future.
How can I play a part? You can join hundreds of others through prayer, making a pledge, and giving to the Better Together Campaign. When you do this, you are saying to your church family “I’m doing my part to help us REACH, INSPIRE, and DEVELOP others to TRANSFORM the world.” How does the pledge work? Your pledge amount is simply the amount you would like to donate, above and beyond your tithe, over a span of 16 months. You can make it in one large donation or spread it out over time by giving weekly, monthly or quarterly.
What will Better Together accomplish?
FOR OUR CHURCH
- Completion of new Duro-Last roofing system that covers more than 21,000 square feet.
- Replacement of multiple 20 ton air conditioning units that are more than 22 years old.
- Renovations to west wing that will house a newly remodeled area for nursery and preschool.
- Upgrade audio, lighting and media equipment in Next Generation Gym.
- Renovations to building interior (heavy traffic area carpet replacement, painting, etc.).
- Upgrade sanctuary audio, lighting and media equipment to enhance worship experiences and online worship.
FOR OUR COMMUNITY
- Host Back To School Bash for Students K-12 - August 2018.
- Sponsor Single Mom's Brunch and Pampering Day - Fall 2018.
- Host Dave Ramsey's FINANCIAL PEACE UNIVERSITY to surrounding areas.
- Personal Financial Coaching (by appointment only) to those in need.
You can play a big part of the Better Together program in three ways:
PRAY. Ask God to bless our efforts and also how you can step up and support the project.
PLEDGE. Don’t do more than God asks; but don’t do anything less than what requires your faith in Him to see it through.
GIVE. After you’ve prayed, commit to giving above and beyond your tithe over the next 12 months to this project. We can reach our goal with everyone fully participating.
We truly are Better Together.
Better Together Plans for Fall of 2018
Progress in Phase 1 of Better Together - Replace Roof